Diageo finally introduced the long discussed Game Of Thrones Single Malt Whisky Collection. Since I knew what the whiskies were, I decided to buy Lagavulin 9 first, since it was an age I never tried from the well known distillery. Lagavulin 9 is assigned to House Lannister, which is known to always pay their debts.
Verdict is I like this whisky. I mean for what it is, you find a pleasant whisky with a different style of Lagavulin. I am pretty sure this whisky would have a big follower crowd if it wasn’t a part of a gimmicky collection. Comparing it with Lagavulin 16 wouldn’t be fair. But I am sure I will keep a bottle in my cabinet.
The other whiskies in the collection are:
- Game of Thrones House Tully – Singleton of Glendullan Select; Around $30 for 750ml; ABV 40%
- Game of Thrones House Stark – Dalwhinnie Winter’s Frost; Around $40 for 750ml; ABV 43%
- Game of Thrones House Targaryen – Cardhu Gold Reserve; Around $40 for 750ml; ABV 40%
- Game of Thrones House Greyjoy – Talisker Select Reserve; Around $45 for 750ml; ABV 45.8%
- Game of Thrones House Baratheon – Royal Lochnagar 12 Year Old; Around $65 for 750ml; ABV 40%
- Game of Thrones House Tyrell – Clynelish Reserve; Around $60 for 750ml; ABV 51.2%
- Game of Thrones The Night’s Watch – Oban Bay Reserve; Around $63 for 750ml; ABV 43%